Search marketing, otherwise known as pay-per-click advertising, can be one of the most effective ways of capturing people who are actively looking for your product. You might decide to have a digital marketing company set up a search marketing campaign that’s delivering a good amount of traffic to your site, but the visitors aren’t turning into customers. Why could this be? One of the most common reasons might have to do with poor landing page quality. Landing pages are the pages that customers are directed to when they click on your ad; it’s important to optimize these pages to ensure maximum ROI.
The quality of a landing page is influenced by how useful and relevant the information, navigation, load time, and links are on a given page. It’s also one of several factors that determines a keyword’s Quality Score, a factor that influences how much you will pay for a click. Quality Score works by assigning each keyword with a landing page grade that is based on the average quality of the landing pages in the ad group and of any landing pages in the rest of the account with the same domain.
If keyword diagnosis reveals that your landing page quality is graded “No problems,” then you Quality Score will not be affected. If you landing page quality is graded “Poor,” then your Quality Score will be negatively affected.
Improving your landing page quality is important for several reasons:
- It can help you gain the trust of your customers.
- It can help your visitors make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, or perform some other action that you can use to track your conversion.
- It can help increase your Quality Score and lower your cost-per-clicks (CPC).
To improve your landing page quality, try focusing on the following three areas:
- Relevant and original content. Feature content that you can’t find anywhere else.
- Transparency. Don’t trick or mislead people.
- Site navigation. Make it easy for people to find what they’re looking for.
We’ll be going into more depth on these three areas in tomorrow’s blog post. In the meantime, you could find out why search marketing will make ye “arrr!”